Updated January 28, 2020
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (the PlaneEnglish application). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this application. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (only name and email address as provided by you)
- Information provided by you describing language spoken, flying experience (flight hours and type of certification held), amount and type of education, age, country of residence
- IP address
- Data of your activity inside of the PlaneEnglish application and its lessons
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
In order to use this application, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our application in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of our that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Company Group. If you no longer with to be contacted by marketing, email us at email@example.com.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the application, your information is protected both online and offline. PlaneEnglish does not collect credit card or other financial information; credit card and financial details are processed and held by Google and Apple in Google Play and iOS App Store. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Your data protection rights (covers GDPR for EU countries)
Our Company would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object our Company’s processing data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.